Oregon breweries pulled in 17 medals today at the Great American Beer Festival! Here's a roundup of the award winning Oregon breweries, beers, and style categories!
- Alesong Brewing & Blending, Bronze, Touch of Brett: Mosaic (Brett Beer)
- Base Camp Brewing Co., Gold, Rye Saison (Specialty Saison)
- Breakside Brewery
- Bronze, Breakside Rye Curious? (Rye Beer)
- Bronze, Breakside IPA (American-Style IPA)
- Bronze, Breakside Stay West (American-Style Strong Pale Ale)
- Bronze, Breakside Passionfuit Sour Ale (Fruited American-Style Sour Ale)
- Coldfire Brewing, Silver, St. James (Double Red Ale)
- Elk Horn Brewery, Bronze, Lemon Pils (American-Style or International-Style Pilsener)
- Full Sail Brewing, Silver, Sesión Cerveza (American-Style or International-Style Pilsener)
- Flat Tail Brewing Co., Gold, DAM Wild: Hops and Lemon Verbena, (American-Style Sour Ale)
- GoodLife Brewing Co., Gold, Sweet As Pacific Ale (American-Style Wheat Beer)
- Groundbreaker Brewing, Gold, Dark Ale (Gluten-Free Beer)
- Logsdon Farmhouse Ales, Silver, ZuurPruim (Belgian-Style Fruit Beer)
- Sunriver Brewing
- Gold, Fuzztail, (American-Style Wheat Beer with Yeast)
- Gold, Cinder Beast, (Imperial Red Ale)
- Small Brewing Company of the Year
- Three Creeks Brewing Co., Bronze, Stonefly Session Ale (Session Beer)
- Zoiglhaus Brewing Co., Gold, Zoigl-Pils (German-Style Pilsener)
Sunriver Brewing Co. had a very impressive showing this year by earning two gold medals and the prestigious Small Brewing Company of the Year award! Breakside Brewery won the most overall medals (4 bronze). Groundbreaker Brewing won gold for the 2nd year in a row with Dark Ale. Alesong Brewing & Blending medaled for the 2nd year in a row in the Brett category with their Touch of Brett series.
For a complete list of winners, take a look at the PDF file of 2017 Great American Beer Festival award winners. For a look back at last year's GABF award winners, click here.
Congrats to all of these breweries and thanks for making world-class beer for our enjoyment! I happen to have two award winners in my beer fridge. I think I'll crack them open to toast all of our amazing Oregon breweries!
|Two Oregon GABF Awards Winning Beers from my Beer Fridge|