Today, Ecliptic Brewing announced that they will soon release their beer in cans. Starburst IPA will be available year-round and Quasar Pale Ale will be available from March - June. Three additional seasonal selections (Zenith Grapefruit Gose, Filament Winter IPA, and Phobos Single Hop Red Ale) will rotate during the year.
I'm glad to hear this news. Currently, Ecliptic's beer is only available at retail in 22 oz bottles. I tend not to buy bottles of this size, so Ecliptic hasn't been on my rotation. The launch of 12 oz. cans will change that. Speaking of bombers, Draft Magazine recently published an article that discusses a trend that has some brewers abandoning large size bottles. It's a good read.
Anyway, keep your eyes peeled for Ecliptic's new cans and visit one of Ecliptic's many can release events. For more details, check out the brewery's news release below.
Ecliptic Brewing Releasing Cans for the First Time
PORTLAND, Ore. – Starting in early March, Ecliptic Brewing will be expanding their packaging assortment to include cans. The year-round Starburst IPA and Seasonal Series beers, starting with Quasar Pale Ale, will be available in 12oz cans throughout the Ecliptic distribution network.
Preparing for and installing a canning line is not a small task, but is one that Owner and Brewmaster of Ecliptic Brewing, John Harris, is happy to add to his long list of brewery accomplishments. Ecliptic Brewing is using a counter pressure canning system from Codi Manufacturing out of Golden, Co. Can design was completed by Sasquatch Agency and follows Ecliptic’s familiar astronomy themes.
“This next step for Ecliptic has been one that the entire team has stepped up and helped with,” said Harris. “From making major changes in the brewhouse to design decisions for the cans, this process has been really exciting.”
Available starting March 1st:
- Starburst IPA, Year-Round
- Quasar Pale Ale, March-June
Seasonal Can line-up:
- Zenith Grapefruit Gose, July-September
- Filament Winter IPA, October-December,
- Phobos Single Hop Red Ale, January-March.
Ecliptic Can Release Events
- Belmont Station. Portland, OR., March 2nd, 5pm-7pm.
- Ecliptic Brewing. Portland, OR., March 3rd, 11am-11pm. For every 6-pack purchased you will get a free Ecliptic Brewing pint glass.
- Beerworks. Medford, OR., March 8th, 6pm-9pm.
- The Bier Stein. Eugene, OR, March 18th, 5pm-8pm.
- Chucks Hop Shop, Central. Seattle, WA., March 22nd, 5pm-8pm.
- Broken Top Bottleshop. Bend, OR., March 24th, 5pm-7pm.
- Special Brews. Lynnwood, WA., March 24th, 2pm-6pm.
- Peaks+Pints. Tacoma, WA., March 25th, 5pm-9pm.
- Greenes Corner. Bellingham, WA., March 29th, 6pm-9pm.
- Nectar Wine and Beer. Spokane, WA., April 7th, 6pm-8pm.
About Ecliptic Brewing
Ecliptic Brewing is a venture from John Harris, an Oregon beer icon whose background is steeped in the state’s rich craft brewing history. The name Ecliptic unites Harris’ two passions: brewing and astronomy, and as such, the brewery celebrates the Earth’s yearly journey around the sun through both its beer and restaurant menus. Executive chef Michael Molitor rotates his seasonally inspired menu every six weeks in accordance with the old world calendar. Harris’ signature beers include Spectra Hoppy Pilsner, Orbiter IPA, Carina Peach Sour Ale, and Capella Porter. For more information, visit: www.eclipticbrewing.com.