Sour beer lovers rejoice! Puckerfest 10 is almost here. Belmont Station brings us a week-long celebration of tart, wild, and sour beers. Each of the seven nights has a different theme and highlights various breweries or regions. The event runs from July 19-25. For more details, and the taplist, check out Belmont Station's news release below or the Puckerfest 10 website.
Follow this blog on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook
TUESDAY, JULY 19 through MONDAY, JULY 25
TUESDAY, JULY 19 through MONDAY, JULY 25
Yup, we have been celebrating the sour and wild side of beer for 10 years -- at least officially!
Below, find details on each day's "theme" and some of the beers we will be pouring. First, a few tidbits of general information:
- Puckerfest 10 is a CASH ONLY event. An ATM is on site, but please plan accordingly.
- There is no entry fee. You don't have to buy a glass. You don't need tokens. It's not that kind of fest. Just belly up to the bar and order the beers you want from the menu.
- Puckerfest runs all taproom hours. Hours listed for special events are when brewers are expected to be on site.
- Unless otherwise noted, all featured beers will be available at noon on the day that they are scheduled to pour.
- We usually have one keg of each beer, so when it runs out, it's out.
- We check ID. Bring yours.
- We will have small, 5-ounce glasses available for most beers, so you can enjoy more of the beers. Please feel free to share your beers around with friends so you can enjoy all the beers responsibly.
- While we are featuring specific beers each day, many more sours will also be on tap. The list of sours for each day will be on our website, and also posted on Twitter and Facebook.
Below are the details on each day's "theme." We will be adding info as we continue to finalize everything, so check back often!
Tuesday, July 19 | 5-7 PM
Breakside & Friends Puckerfest Kickoff Party & Passion Fruit Sour Release
Join the Breakside gang and a whole bunch of their brewer friends as they help us kickoff Puckerfest 10! We will be the first place to pour this year's Passionfruit Sour and Breakside will also be giving us a sneak preview of three other sours they will be releasing in August. Here is their whole lineup:
- Passionfruit Sour -- 100% sour fermented wheat ale, inspired by German Berliner Weisse and conditioned on passionfruit.
- Carte Blanche -- Gin meets Brett meets hops- a blend of some of our favorite flavors
- God Only Knows -- Bourbon Barrel-Aged Sour Ale With Coconut
- Next Thursday -- Pinot Noir and fruit-forward golden ale with a background of Bourbon and Brett. In collaboration with Alesong.
That's what Breakside is pouring. Here's what their friends are bringing:
- Ale Apothecary - La Tache spiced with white fir tips. ON CASK
- Alesong - Strawberry Gose
- Boneyard - Gooze Cruze
- Culmination - 2015 Kriek Lambicus
- Upright - Single Cask Shades & Barrel Konducta Vol. 4
- The Commons - Berliner Weisse (OR Myrtle) & Khthonios Oud Bruin
Wednesday, July 20 | 5-7 PM
Always a customer and staff favorite Puckerfest event, this year's visit from our friends up in the Gorge brings us offerings from Double Mountain, Solera, pFriem Family Brewers and Logsdon Farmhouse Brewery. It's a sure bet that Double Mountain's Matt Swihart will bring bunches of his delicious cherries to accompany his krieks.
- Tahoma Kriek 2015
- Devil's Kriek 2015
- Devil's Kriek 2014
- Devil's Cuvee Kriek 2014 (only keg in Oregon -- not even available at the brewpub!)
- Conversion 2
- 2015 Peche & Brett
- Oak Aged Bretta
- Oude Kriek
- Mango Berliner Weisse
- Valley Weisse Berliner Weisse-Style Ale, 4.0% ABV
- Solera Kriek Cuvee -- A blend of 30% 2013 Pinot Noir BBL aged, and 70% 2015 from stainless. Both spontaneously fermented with local Balaton sour pie cherries. 5.5% ABV
Thursday July 21 | All Taproom Hours
Belgian Independence Day
Join us as we help our friends across the pond celebrate Belgium's Independence Day. We will have some cool Belgian-themed giveaways and will be pouring an amazing selection of rare and/or authentic and certainly delicious Belgian sours and wild ales to enjoy, including:
- Rodenbach Alexander
- Cantillon Iris
- Cantillon Classic Gueuze
- Hannsens Oude Lambik
- Bockor Cuvee des Jacobins Rouge
- Rodenbach Grand Cru
- Liefman's Goudenband
Friday, July 22 | 5-7 PM
Battle of the Belmont Blends with Cascade Brewing
We split our Belmont Station staff into two teams, and each team trekked over to Cascade's amazing blending and barrel-aging facility to create their own beer. Cascade was kind enough to blend them both to our specifications. We will be presenting them and asking Puckerfest attendees to vote on their favorite Belmont Blend for the coveted title of Best Belmont Blender Team 2016!
Plus, to make things even more interesting, Cascade's crew will also be on hand to talk about blending and sours -- and, of course, they will be bringing a few more tasty Cascade beers for us to enjoy as well! Here's the full Cascade lineup:
- Belmont Blend 2016 #1
- Belmont Blend 2016 #2
- The Vine 2013
- The Vine 2015
- Bourbonic Plague 2013
- Mission Fig Red
- Kentucky Peach (bourbon, peach, cinnamon)
- Blueberriation (blueberry, lemon, vanilla)
Saturday, July 23 | 2-5 PM
An Afternoon with DeGarde & Block 15
Over the years, during Puckerfest, our friends at DeGarde and Block 15 have become friends, too! And they love celebrating Puckerfest together with us. Representatives from both breweries will be on site to talk about their beers and toast to 10 successful years of celebrating sour and wild beers!
Block 15 is bringing:
- 2015 Framboise White
- 2016 Ferme de la Ville Provision
- 2014 Framboise Black
- 2014 Cuvee Rouge
DeGarde is bringing an Unblended/Unconditioned Lambic-inspired lineup:
- The Unblended
- The Unblended Purple
- The Unblended Red Raz
- The Unblended Black Raz
Check our website for updates on what Block 15 is bringing to the party.
Sunday, July 24 | All Taproom Hours
Sweet on California Sours
We are bringing in a lovely collection of sour and wild ales from our friends south of the border, including:
- Cuvee de Tomme
- Tropical Platypus
- Firestone Walker
- Reginald Brett
- Bretta Rosé
- Green Flash
- Cellar 3 Oculus Sauvage
- 2011 Consecration
- 2012 Supplication
- 2013 Consecration
- 2014 Supplication
Monday, July 25 | All Taproom Hours
Kick the Kegs Day!
Help us kick some of these Puckerfest kegs and revisit some favorites or grab a taste of something you didn't get a chance to try!