It's almost time for the Oregon Brewers Festival! The 29th installment of OBF will be held at Tom McCall Waterfront Park on July 27-31. Here are some fun facts provided by festival organizers:
- 29th year of the festival.
- 88 independent craft beers are poured in the main festival, from 87 different breweries (Deschutes has two entries, one Gluten-Free)
- 24 independent craft beers are poured in the International Beer Garden.
- There are 103 participating breweries: 87 from the United States (with 88 beers); one from China (with four beers); six from Japan (with 11 beers); two from Germany (with two beers); and seven Dutch (with seven beers) in the International Beer Garden.
- Five countries are represented: China (1), Germany (2), Japan (6), Netherlands (7), and United States (87).
- 15 states are represented: California (8), Colorado (3), Delaware (1), Florida (1), Idaho (2), Michigan (1), Minnesota (2), Montana (1), New Jersey (1), Ohio (1), Oregon (55), Utah (1), Washington (9), Wisconsin (1) and Wyoming (1).
- In the states, Lakeland Brewing from Lakeland, Florida, traveled the furthest with a distance of 2,522 miles. Internationally, Jing-A Brewing from Beijing, China, traveled the furthest, at 5,492 miles.
- There are 27 breweries making their first appearance at the festival this year, including 54° 40' Brewing Co, Aslan Brewing Co, Baird Beer, Brouwerij Frontaal, Coin Toss Brewing Co, Culmination Brewing Co, Doomsday Brewing Co, Everybody's Brewing, Feckin Brewery, Iwate Kura Beer, Jing-A Brewing Co, Lakeland Brewing Co, Lang Bräu, North Island Beer, Ordnance Brewing, Riverbend Brewing, Rusty Truck Brewing Co, Schooner Exact Brewing Co, Seaside Brewing Co, Shiga Kogen Beer, Shonan Beer, Slanted Rock Brewing Co, Three Mugs Brewing Co, Thunder Island Brewing Co, Van Moll, Y Market Brewing & Zoiglhaus Brewing
- There are 36 beer styles represented.
- 53 of the beers are unique to the festival.
- The lowest alcohol beer is a three-way tie at 3.5% ABV: pFriem Family Brewers’ Mango Sour, Oersoep Brewery’s Schnappi and Buoy Beer’s Dragon Weisse.
- The highest alcohol beer is a two-way tie at 11% ABV between New Holland Brewing Dragon's Milk Reserve Mexican Spice Cake and The Lost Abbey Serpent Stout, both bourbon barrel fermented stouts.
- Number of volunteers at the festival: 2,000.
- Number of anticipated attendees: 80,000 from all over the world.
- Number of breweries that have participated in the Oregon Brewers Festival since its inception: 429
- The following breweries have never missed a festival: Bayern, BridgePort, Deschutes, Full Sail & Widmer. Both McMenamins and Rogue have each missed only one.
Follow this blog on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook