Winter beer season is now in full swing! I remember seeing cases of holiday beers in grocery stores way back in October, which was a bit too early for me.
I officially launched my winter beer season last weekend with two old favorites, Full Sail Wassail and Elysian Bifrost. Earlier this week, I got a mega dose of rare and limited-release yuletide beer at Portland’s Holiday Ale Festival.
Now I’m going to settle into a bunch of winter seasonals that I've never tasted. Some are available in wide release and some are available regionally. I’ve collected about 10 beers and will break up the merriment into two groups. First, I’ll start by tasting:
- Accumulation, New Belgium Brewing Co, Fort Collins, CO
- Festeroo, Hop Valley Brewing. Co., Springfield, OR
- Kris Kringle, McMenamins, Portland, OR
- Session Fest, Full Sail Brewing Co., Hood River, OR
- Slick Nick, Sebago Brewing Co., Gorham, ME
Click here and here to see some of my Winter Beer roundups from previous years. In the meantime, I have two questions for you. What characteristics make a great winter seasonal? What are your winter beer favorites?