The Rare Beer Club just announced their October club selections. Attention sour beer lovers! These were made just for you...
- Los Vivos Y Los Muertos, Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Beerzel, Michigan: Beer geeks know that Jolly Pumpkin specializes in wild, sour, and funky ales. Ron Jeffries, Jolly Pumpkin founder and brewer, brings us a Sour Saison brewed with pumpkin and lime. Golden orange in color, this beer has flavors of stone fruit, lime, and notes of pepper and tropical fruit from the yeast and Brett. It's exclusive to The Rare Beer Club. So unless you're friends with Ron Jeffries, you can only get it here.
- Tart Attack, NoDa Brewing Co., Charlotte, North Carolina: Another Rare Beer Club exclusive, Tart Attack is a Berliner Weisse brewed with blackberries. In Germany, Berliner Weisse is often served with woodruff or raspberry syrups. I've tried the syrups before and prefer to have the fruit added directly to the beer, as NoDa has done. If you've never had a Berliner Weisse before, I highly recommend you try the style. Nearly extinct just a few years ago, it's making a huge comeback. It's light, tart, refreshing, and very low in alcohol. Definitely one of my favorite styles!
For detailed information about these beers, browse through the club's October newsletter. To learn more about The Rare Beer Club, and to see pictures of a beer shipment I received, click here.
If you'd like to try out the club, you can receive a discount by using the codes shown below during the checkout process. Memberships start at $32.95 per month plus shipping and handling.
- NOTSOPRO5: $5 off any membership
- NOTSOPRO10: $10 off any prepaid membership of 6 months or longer.
- NOTSOPRO20: $20 off any prepaid membership of 12 months or longer.
If you tasted these beers, I'd love to know your thoughts...