The Rare Beer Club just announced their September club selections. Fall is rapidly approaching, and each of these beers are ideal for sipping on a cool autumn afternoon or evening!
- Imperial Hofblues Stout, 't Hofbrouwerijke, Beerzel, Belgium: Hailing from the West Flanders region, this Belgian Imperial Stout starts with sweet caramel in aroma and is followed by dark chocolate and spicy hops. Mild peppery notes are produced by the Belgian yeast. Most of 't Hofbrouwerijke's beer is sold through the brewery, but Imperial Hofblues Stout is available exclusively through The Rare Beer Club.
- Bone Warmer, Grand Teton Brewing, Victor, Idaho: Brewed for the first time in five years, this Imperial Amber Ale is part of Grand Teton's Cellar Reserve Series. I tasted Grand Teton's Black Cauldron and enjoyed it. Bone Warmer is a malt-forward beer similar to a dunkel. Dark German malts provide flavors of cereal grain and caramel. While higher in alcohol, it features a crisp mouth feel due to a long cold-conditioning period. Let it warm up to reveal hidden layers of flavor! Bone Warmer is a very limited release, but a quarter of production is being allocated to the club.
For detailed information about these beers, browse through the club's September newsletter. To learn more about The Rare Beer Club, and to see pictures of a beer shipment I received, click here.
If you'd like to try out the club, you can receive a discount by using the codes shown below during the checkout process. Memberships start at $32.95 per month plus shipping and handling.
- NOTSOPRO5: $5 off any membership
- NOTSOPRO10: $10 off any prepaid membership of 6 months or longer.
- NOTSOPRO20: $20 off any prepaid membership of 12 months or longer.