Before moving to Portland over a decade ago, my beer experience was limited to industrial macro pilsner lagers. To say I didn't like them would be an understatement. I despised them. So strong was my distaste, that I didn't even go near any lagers when I started this blog nearly three years ago. Since then, I've come full circle. I've learned lagers expand well beyond pilsners. More importantly, I now know that a well made lager can taste amazing!
Lager is a broad category with many styles. I pulled together a group which should make for some good summer quaffing!
- 541 American Lager, Hop Valley Brewing Co., Springfield, OR
- El Steinber Dark Lager, Anderson Valley Brewing Co., Boonville, CA
- LTD 05: Vienna-Style Lager, Full Sail Brewing Co., Hood River, OR
- Mama's Little Yella Pils, Oskar Blues Brewing Co., Longmont, CO
- Session Lager, Full Sail Brewing Co., Hood River, OR
- Sterling Pils, Ninkasi Brewing Co., Eugene, OR
- Vunderbar! Pilsner, Smuttynose Brewing Co., Portsmouth, NH
Have you tasted any of these? What's your favorite lager?