Here's a recap of a bunch of limited release beers I've sampled during the last few months. Four of them are stouts. Stout is a wonderful style that complements a wide variety of flavors. The four I tasted integrated milk chocolate, oysters, bourbon, and coffee!
Also included is Stone's ultra-fresh Enjoy By IPA. I tasted the 2.15.13 vintage. Finally, we have a beer made with breadfruit, which is described as having a flavor similar to undercooked potatoes. Hey, who knows? It could be the greatest thing since sliced bread!
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, Full Sail Brewing Co., Hood River, OR
- Double Black Stout, Red Hook Brewery, Woodinville, WA
- Enjoy By IPA, Stone Brewing Co., Escondido, CA
- Liquid Breadfruit, Maui Brewing Co., Lahaina, HI
- Lugene Milk Chocolate Stout, Odell Brewing Co., Fort Collins, CO
- Marooned on Hog Island, 21st Amendment Brewery, San Francisco, CA
Have you tasted any of these limited releases? What did you think?