Is it December already? The Holiday Ale Festival just ended its 5 day run on Sunday. I attended on two days (see my opening day summary here) and sampled about 20 beers. As great as it was, I still didn't get my fill of winter seasonal beers. To rectify this unfortunate situation, I've collected an assortment of winter delights:
- Abominable Winter Ale, Hopworks Urban Brewery, Portland, OR
- Bifrost Winter Ale, Elysian Brewing Co., Seattle, WA
- Pray for Snow, 10 Barrel Brewing Co., Bend, OR
- Sleigh'r, Ninkasi Brewing Co., Eugene, OR
- Snowdrift Vanilla Porter, Leinenkugel Brewing Co., Chippewa Falls, WI
- Winter Abbey Ale, Blue Moon Brewing Co., Golden, CO
I hope to taste and write about all of these before Christmas. If you're looking winter beer ideas, I've got plenty of ideas for you. Check out my Winter Beer Run collections from 2011 and 2010. You can find them here, here, here, here, and here. I expect at least one of these fine brews will pique your interest.
What's your favorite winter seasonal?