Fall is officially here! It may be one of the four seasons, but from a beer perspective, Fall gets shortchanged. While summer beers still linger on grocery store shelves, winter beers are already emerging. The autumn beer season may be short, but it's a good one!
Two of the more popular fall varieties are Oktoberfests and pumpkin beers. Last year, I profiled bunch of pumpkin beers. This year, I'll limit myself to just two gourd beers. Instead, I've assembled a nice mix of fall seasonals—many are new releases:
- Day Time (IPA), Lagunitas Brewing Co., Petaluma, CA
- Night Owl (Pumpkin Ale), Elysian Brewing Co., Seattle, WA
- Noble Scot (Scottish Ale), MacTarnahan's Brewing Co., Portland, OR
- Oktoberfest (Oktoberfest), Pyramid Brewing Co., Seattle, WA
- Pumpkinhead (Pumpkin Ale), Shipyard Brewing Co., Portland, ME
- Red Hoptober (Amber Ale), New Belgium Brewing Co., Fort Collins, CO
- Slow Elk (Oatmeal Stout), Big Sky Brewing Co., Missoula, MT
- Witch Hunt (Spiced Harvest Ale), BridgePort Brewing Co., Portland, OR
Have you tasted any of these? What are your favorite fall seasonals?