- Goose Bump: Imperial Stout with a tan head and loads of coffee aroma and flavor. Very smooth and creamy mouth feel with a nice coffee finish. It may be 9% ABV, but the alcohol is well hidden. My favorite of the bunch.
- Super Snow Cap: Part of their Ignition series, it's an amped up version of Snow Cap. Aroma and flavors of roasted malts and caramel. Lightly carbonated with lots of malt in the finish.
- MacTarnahan's Fresh Hop Amber Ale: Aroma of piney hops which come through in the flavor. Nice caramel malt backbone. I wish I sampled this next to a regular Mac. Read this for more on fresh hopped beers.
- Crystal Wheat: Straw colored with a nice floral hop aroma. 5.3% ABV. Very light bodied and a bit too thin for my taste. I think I might enjoy it more on a hot summer day.
- Alehouse Amber: Unfiltered and golden orange in color. Not much in aroma. Sweet malt flavors.
Yesterday was a typical rainy winter day in Portland, so we really enjoyed the roaring fireplace in MacTarnahan's cozy dining room. After a great beer tasting lunch at Mac's, we proceeded to our next stop—BridgePort Brewpub. More on that later...